Thursday, March 29, 2007

The cherry on top...

Believe it or not, today was actually a good day. Work went well -- no real run-ins with "her" and I got SO much done. I got so much done that I actually don't have to work tomorrow morning... which means I can get up early and drive home. Makes me very happy.

So my day at work was fine -- busy, but productive. Although I left an hour later than planned and was an hour late to Molly's for dinner, I was ok with it. I got to Molly's, had a glass of wine, helped her finish up dinner, and had a nice meal with she and her brother. We had some ice cream, watched two episodes of The Office, and I departed for stop #2: Nick's.

Got to Nick's knowing I would not stay long. He had some CDs for me (we're going to a show next week and I need to get familiar with the artist). I stopped up, got my CDs, chatted a bit, and was off to stop #3: Byerly's. I had to pick up some Pesach candies to take to Natan's for second seder.

All that aside, it was on the way down to my car from to head from Nick's to the grocery store that put the cherry on top of my day. I turned the corner and headed towards the stairwell when two little girls popped out of another apartment on Nick and Abi's floor. They were in their pajamas and I still dressed from work. The younger of the two said hi to me and I smiled back. Then the older said hi, so I said hi back. Then the cherry: the younger girl, in her pajamas and pig tails, looked up at me as I got really close and said, "You look pretty today" and smiled. I smiled back and said thank you... headed down the stairs, and decided that today really was a good day.

1 comment:

Allison said...

awww that is soo cute. yay for your good day!