Sunday, March 11, 2007

Stranger Than Fiction...

At first I was apprehensive… I’m not a huge Will Ferrell fan. I thought this was going to be another one I wasn’t going to enjoy – I thought his character’s little idiosyncrasies and counting and routine were going to put me over the edge and that nothing was going to happen to save this movie from going on the list of other bad movies I’ve slept through on my couch, but call me a fool, was I wrong.

I’m not sure if it was because of the writer trying to finish the novel or the connection between the novel and Will Ferrell’s character or the baker who realized her passion and gave up a promising career to follow her heart or the final moment in the movie when the writer explains why she ended her book the way she did…

There was something in this movie that really got to me.

I finished the movie and wanted no more and no less. It was perfect. After thinking about it all afternoon (amid Liger and Gopher wins!), I realized that this movie had the “Garden State” affect on me. Maybe not as drastically as “Garden State”, but something close. Something I am having a hard time putting into words.

So see “Stranger than Fiction”… and if you haven’t seen “Garden State”, see that too.

* This does not even come close to doing justice to what this movie did to me today, but I think it’s the best I can put out tonight. Forgive me – ask and we can discuss more… but see both movies first.

1 comment:

Neuronymous said...

Well said. I think the reason I love this movie, as well as "Garden State," is because they illustrate that no matter how deep in a rut you are, no matter how routine life is, it's never too late to dig yourself out and live. Really live. It's a message that speaks volumes in my life. With that being said, I'm absolutely delighted you liked the movie, kiddo! :o)