Wednesday, April 4, 2007

More trouble at the office... and a Pesach recipe!

It seems that three days worth of vacation away from the office would probably help clear the air a little -- or at least let things cool off a bit -- give me a chance to breathe a little and return refreshed. Right?

Wrong.

I thought it was going to be ok. I came back, after being gone Friday, Monday, and Tuesday to be with my family for Pesach, to 170 emails, a pile of folders waiting my attention, and a box of bagels across from my cube calling my name. While I was able to avoid the bagels, I was not able to avoid the rest.

And it really wasn't that bad. I was all caught up by noon, was able to get away from my desk and enjoy some leftover matzah stuffing and turkey while Tristan indulged in a nice looking hoagie, and wrote the copy for the seven microwave sell sheets. I knew tomorrow meant I have to finalize the DVR manual, so I had to get as much catching up done today as I could.

Then it happened. I went up to check on my products in sample review and was informed "she" doesn't like the shape of the camera box. Not five minutes after I returned to my desk, there were emails flying around about a "quick 10 minute meeting" to discuss box die lines (that's packaging-talk for box size and layout).

So we have a meeting. Me, "her", and the two camera product managers (one via phone as his wife just had twins). "She" started off by pointing out a box with only English on the packaging. I quickly added the reason the box was English-only was because of the retailer and its retailer-exclusive packaging.

Right after I opened my mouth I regretted it. I knew I should have gone in with my mouth shut, but damn me for knowing my products too well. And as I said it, she snapped right back at me. I could not believe it. She had no right to bitch back when I was clearly in the right and know. "I know, Liiiiiiiiz," she barked. I froze, got up, and went to my desk to get something I left there that was going to be helpful for the meeting. I debated whether or not to return to the conference room.

I should have stayed at my desk.

I don't know what I did to her to deserve this treatment. But if this continues, I am going to have to start weighing my options. I have some ideas floating around in my head... maybe they'll come out for discussion. Not tonight. We'll see how tomorrow goes.

* * * * *

A Peasch post to come... tomorrow maybe. What I will say is tonight I made Apple Matzah Kugel. Highly recommend it:

10 boards matzah
4 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp butter, melted
3 large apples, chopped

Break matzah into small pieces and soak in water until soft. Drain, but do not squeeze dry. Whisk together eggs and salt. Add melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon, and blend. Stir in matzah to combine. Add apples and mix. Pour into greased 9x13 dish. Drop a few bits of butter on top and sprinkle with additional cinnamon. Bake at 350* for 45 minutes.

1 comment:

Neuronymous said...

You have every right to open your mouth during one of her "meetings" (read: harassment sessions). The woman obviously has some sort of vendetta. Keep your chin up and, yeah, weigh those options. You absolutely, positively deserve better than this!!