Wednesday, March 14, 2007

You can never have too much fleece... can you?

Hi. My name is Liz. And I'm an addict. No, I don't have a drinking problem (no, I really don't!) and no, I do not do drugs or smoke...

What am I addicted to? Fleece. That's right, fleece.

Not only do I have four fleece blankets around my apartment, but I also have two zip-up fleece jackets, a fleece pull-over, and at least one pair of fleece pants. I have a fleece hat and mittens for the winter and wear a fleece coat whether it's the blistering -20 degrees or a pleasant 50.

So tonight, after Allen and I had a lovely dinner of catching up and swapping cookies (yes, we actually went out to the car and traded a bag of cookies - call us crazy, but we love to cook and bake and there's nothing better than sharing and seeing and hearing the delight in others), we decided to stroll around the mall for a while. Not only did it allow us to catch up a little more, but we also had a chance to walk off some of dinner.

Now, I am not the biggest fan of shopping. Allen, however, is. I really had no intentions of buying anything tonight... I really didn't have a need for anything, but there it was... in the window... a bright green, grey underarm, no-pocket or hood, fleece.

We went in. I had to at least look at it. Maybe it would be ridiculously overpriced and therefore out of my league. I tried it on. It was so thin, so soft, so warm. I had to have it. I checked the price. A little more than I wanted to spend, but since it was on sale, at the checkout it would be less. Would I regret not buying it if I get all the way back downtown without the green fleece? Will I have buyer's remorse if I did bring it home... I mean, do I really need another fleece?

Let me introduce you to my new fleece!

Like I said.... my name is Liz. I'm an addict.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We write the same-- in the same tone and style. It's funny. (And kinda weird.)

P.S. Remember when you knew how to spell "Wisconsin" before I did and I was immensely jealous, so I immediately made you teach me right there and then in my basement.

(This was right before we shared that magical moment in 1990 when we hooked up-- I was wearing my Super Woman pajamas, and you were wearing your Bat Girl pajamas. Afterwards we played bank and pulled out our Cabbage Patch dolls. We then proceeded to cut t-shirts into bras and stuff them with socks. ...Of course.)

Allison said...

I am a fleece lover also. I attempted to go into therapyBut that failed. I also have 2 fleece blankets, 5 fleeece hats, 3 pairs of mittens, 2 fleece sweatshirts, pj pants, sweatpants and prolly more! fleece =love

Abigail said...

Hi, My name's Abi. I'm ummmmmm addicted to chocolate. I can't go a single day without it.

HollyGOPolitely said...

Buyer's remose...you....?! Crazy.