Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cantaloupe vs Honeydew

I've never liked cantaloupe. However, I love honeydew. Last week after being in Daytona for the weekend, I bought a honeydew -- and ate the entire thing in a week. It was amazing.

So today on the way home from Southdale, I stopped at Byerley's to get another. I moseyed around the store and found them amidst the other melons. Some honeydew had stickers that read "Orange Flesh". I had never seen an orange-fleshed honeydew before, and because I don't like cantaloupe, I opted for the honeydew in the other section, sans sticker.

Fast-forward to my apartment. I cut open the honeydew -- orange. Damn. So maybe it'll still taste like the cool green honeydew I was so hoping for. Nope. Tastes like a cantaloupe.

It's not like I don't know the difference -- I know what a cantaloupe looks like and what a honeydew looks like -- they have completely different rinds. So now I am stuck with a cantaloupe-honeydew... I'll suffer through it... but I will not like it.

No comments: