Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday Morning Groceries

I like to go grocery shopping early Sunday morning. There is never anyone there, I can go in, get the items on my list, and get out -- usually without speaking to anyone.

The Rainbow by my apartment has never been my favorite, but it has the best deals. I used to complain they had so many lanes but no one working. About two months ago, they finally added the self-checkout lanes - my favorite.

Now, these self-checkout lanes are perfect for my Sunday morning grocery shopping extravaganza. Except... every Sunday the same little girl grocery clerk is working. She stands at the end of the four self-checkout stations and watches. Now, bless her little girl heart for working Sunday morning and helping those who cannot figure out the machines. However -- you see me every Sunday; you know I know how to use the machines; LEAVE ME ALONE.

Today -- she came over and told me about some stupid program. I think I heard her voice, but it went in one ear and out the other -- all I wanted was to scan, bag, pay, and bolt. She wouldn't stop. I think she finally got the hint when I just went around her to continue with my purchases.

Note to all grocery clerks: those of us who are in your store before 8:30 on a Sunday morning -- yeah, we don't want to talk. We want to get in and get out.

1 comment:

HollyGOPolitely said...

Word to ya. Same goes for people who like to shop at midnight.... we are not there to socialize. We are there so we don't have to bother with other people & shop in the quiet.