Sunday, October 26, 2008

(MN) Wild Fire

Last night my company sponsored the MN Wild hockey game. We had three locations throughout the Xcel Energy Center where we were demoing our new printer. David and I were working the table up on the Upper Level of the arena, right next to a concessions stand.

From the time we got there, we were plotting our attack on a huge bucket of popcorn and mega Diet Coke. We decided after the 1st intermission break and the Amazing Race ice event that led contestants up to our stand to collect a printed photo for the contest, we could execute our popcorn attack. However, the concessions stand had a different adgenda.

I smelled it first. Then I looked to the right. Smoke bellowing out of the concession stand. Now, I'm deathly afraid of fire, so when the smoke got thicker, I froze and sent David over to the stand with a camera to see what was going on. He came back a minute later, "The popcorn machine started on fire!" There was smoke everywhere and we couldn't breathe, but he did get some amazing photos:
... and as it turns out, we ended up printing more photos of the flamin' popcorn machine than we did of hockey fans!

PS. Yes, I am still deathly afraid of fire and no, this didn't help.

1 comment:

Tristy-Poo said...

Burn baby, burn. Popcorn Inferno. Burn baby, burn....