Monday, June 1, 2009

Great Success...

I think Rabbi Allen's email to myself and Dave (the co-chair) expresses last night's Fundraiser best.

"Words alone cannot capture all of my feelings regarding last night's fundraiser. It was a tremendous evening and a wonderful event. You and your committee did an excellent job of motivating and mobilizing; encouraging and energizing; celebrating and "sellabrating". I am sure I speak for every rabbi when I say how touched I was with the dignity of the tributes and the truth behind each presentation. I know it was a difficult time to be promoting and working on a fundraiser--but we did great---beyond any dollars raised we had an evening which showed the shul at its best. Thank-you and please organize a gathering at a local establishment--and this first round is on me. Try and get some of your life back these next few weeks. BTW, the tribute book turned out to be a great piece of work. Thank-you and Yasjer kochechem--and please pass on my sincere appreciation to the entire committee. Rabbi Allen"

While it was SO much work, it was a great event (notwithstanding the handful of glitches throughout the night) and I am happy with the outcome.... and really happy it's over.

No comments: