Wednesday, March 26, 2008

She drives me crazy....

So I decided I was going to sit on the fundraiser committee at my synagogue. I heard an amazing pitch for help a couple Shabboses ago, and thought my marketing stills could be of use. And hell, maybe I can meet some Jewish mothers who have Jewish sons... one never knows.

In any case, tonight was the second meeting of the Beth Jacob Fundraiser Committee. The first meeting was about two weeks ago and I left pretty excited. I get to do lots of things I love -- invitations, centerpieces, letterhead, posters, the program. It'll be great. And my mock invite looked pretty amazing and got rave reviews. All good.

However, there is this one woman on the committee who drives me crazy. Maybe it's the age difference -- she is probably at least 5 years older than my mother -- or maybe it's that she's a bit more rounded and has more experience than I do when it comes to fundraising, but damn -- she needs to chill out. She is so caught up on the price of everything and what people will like and not like, she can't stop and listen for two minutes to the ideas everyone has. This woman needs to shut up and ship out. Maybe it's just how I roll... and how I think... and how people want to come to a fundraiser, pay a good amount of money (it's a fundraiser, for the love of pete), and have FUN! This woman doesn't seem to think that way. To her, it's all about the benjamins...

That's all I'm going to say about it -- she is ridiculous.

No comments: