Sunday, March 16, 2008

Goodbyes suck.

Saying goodbye is always the hardest part. We had an awesome weekend. Nathan and Shelley came in Friday morning and it was as if Nathan never left. We saw just about everyone we had planned on seeing, stopped everywhere on the list, and even had a feast at my apartment. We let Shelley experience the craziness that is the Mall of America on a Saturday afternoon, putzed with my computer, installed CS3 (woo hoo!), had a super fun night at the bar, and Al’s for breakfast this morning.

The worst part is saying goodbye. It’s not like I don’t know we’ll talk in three hours when they get home. Or that we won’t talk tomorrow and every other day this week, as we always do. It’s just hard.

Don’t get me wrong – I wouldn’t trade anything in the world for hanging out, but damn, the aftermath sucks!

It was an awesome weekend – Shelley’s great – and hanging with Nathan is just… something.

So thanks for a great weekend. I love you.

No comments: