Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Sauce.

Two weeks ago when Nathan came to visit, his dad sent along a special little gift for me. What? A jar of The Sauce. I can't even begin to explain my love for The Sauce... but here's a little background...

A couple years ago when I first met Jim, he showed up on my doorstep with Nathan and a bag of ingredients. An hour later we were grilling turkey burgers with The Sauce in the backyard. From that day on, I was hooked. A family recipe, I thought I'd never see the day the recipe fell into my hands. It did, two years ago on my birthday. However, it's still not the same as when The Sauce Master, aka Nathan's dad Jim, makes it.

So when Nathan came to visit two weeks ago and a jar of The Sauce was placed in my hands, you can understand my excitement. However, the past two weeks have been pretty busy and I haven't had so much time as to think about with what to use The Sauce.... until today.

I have little-to-no food in my apartment right now - just haven't been home or had the time to get to the grocery store. As I sat here wondering what to do about lunch today, I remembered I had soup chicken left in the refrigerator from a pizza I made last week. Brilliantly, I took the chicken and The Sauce and made me some bbq chicken for a sandwich. I'm happy to report The Sauce was amazing and this could very well have been one of the best bbq chicken sandwiches ever.

Thanks Jim!

No comments: