Monday, January 21, 2008

Is it me?

So tonight someone I haven't talked to in at least a year sent me a note asking if a mutual friend is ok. She was worried about him for one reason or another and took it upon herself to check in with ME to see if HE is ok.

A different friend of mine's now ex-boyfriend used to do the same thing (in fact, he literally just sent me a text message to see if I had talked to her today). If he couldn't get a hold of her, he would try me. See if I had talked to her that day, if I knew where she was, or why she was not answering her phone, responding to a text...

Is it me? Do I scream "Call Me To Find Your Friends"?! I think not. Believe it or not, I do not spend my days sitting around tracking where everyone is at every moment. Hell, at times I don't know where I am. I love you all, I really do. And I'm not mad about it... I'm really not. Yes, it's sweet everyone knows I care about my friends and great they know I'd do anything for them, but honestly, I don't know why she's not answering her phone and I don't know why his friends are ignoring him. And then when you do ask me, I start to worry...

No comments: