Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday morning, 8:00, and already a whipping.

I love how I get chewed out for a job I didn't even know was going on... and it wasn't even by the one we all would expect it from.

I'm a writer. I write. If a designer is waiting for copy from me, it would be nice for them to tell me. I thought said designer was working on a template of the new packaging, not actually waiting for the revised copy to do the actual product in question. No. Usually they do a template, I send it to the factory, and they do it. I guess that is not this case this time. It just would have been nice to know.

So this morning when asked if the packaging got sent and I said not to my knowledge, I looked like an ass who didn't do her job. Which, for the record, was not the case. I revised the copy, as asked, sent it off to the translator, and even to the factory to update the current packaging. I was NEVER told the designer here in the office needed it. So when I left for the day, I was under the impression my job was done. I guess not.

Next time, please tell me exactly what you need and I'll do it.

Ugh.

No comments: