Thursday, November 29, 2007

R.I.P. NYC Pen

This year for my birthday I got an awesome NYC pen. For most, this would just be another pen, but for me, it was much more.

See, I love office supplies. Pens, post-its, paperclips -- anything. This year I was given this sweet NYC package for my birthday. It had a magnet, shot glass, little yellow cab cookies, a set of 30 black and white postcards of Old New York (which I have successfully made into an amazing wall in my living room), and this phenomenal NYC pen.

Black ink, a nice finger grip, clicky top -- it was perfect.

Today I have to retire the pen. I have successfully used every last drop of the ink.

The pen was amazing and it will be greatly missed.


(No need to sit shiva, but words of condolence would warm my heart.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"words of condolence", huh? like "you're the biggest loser in the 952"? or how about "i cant believe my best friend is so attached to pens!!!"

(as if i didnt really know....)

but seriously, i hope you recover well from your "loss" and remember there are plenty of fishes in the sea...

**Kelly** said...

Dear Black Pen,

I knew you were a winner as soon as I spied you! You served a long and full life. You will be remembered fondly and greatly missed.

I will cherish the time you were put on my credit card, always. :o)