Friday, August 28, 2009

Worth writing home about...

While Molly and I had a fantastic day at the Fair yesterday (which deserves a post of its own, to come), tonight I had a meal I will be dreaming of for nights to come until I can finally have it again (and that, folks, might be quite a while).

Tonight Tristan and I went to what I will undoubtedly call my favorite restaurant in the Twin Cities: Muffuletta. A small little place in a little St Paul neighborhood. Cute, quaint, quiet, a perfect date spot, great service, and above all, locally produced amazing food. Not to mention Abi, a great friend, works there! A must dine. Sit in Abi's section, she's amazing.

Anyway... tonight Tristan and I went, as I only have two weeks left in the Cities and we had to get there once more before I left. And tonight I had a dish that undoubtedly will become one of my favorite dishes of all time: roasted eggplant, mushrooms, caramelized onions, and toasty brown gnocchi, sauteed with butter, parmesan, and lemon, drizzled with lemon olive oil. It was so amazing. I will honestly be anxiously awaiting the next time I am back in the Cities and can get my fix. It was that good. That's not to say the beer cheese soup with fresh popcorn, garlic "paste" and bread, and wine weren't amazing... it's just that this gnocchi was melt-in-your-mouth-good.

To Abi and the folks at Muffuletta -- thank you for what is not only my favorite restaurant in the Twin Cities, but the best dish I've had outside my mom's kitchen.

To all you Muffuletta virgins -- go. If you miss out on this place it will be detrimental to your Twin Cities experience.


Now, it's off to bed in preparation for Rabbi-ing Annie's Bat Mitzvah tomorrow. Shabbat Shalom -- and don't forget... Muffuletta.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

Thanks Liz! I <3 you!