Friday, February 22, 2008

There's nothing worse than a bad ending...

I'm not sure if you all know, but I have a thing for the Italian mafia. Maybe it stems from Al Pacino and my love for The Godfather, but at this point, it doesn't matter. It's not personal, it's business... and I love it.

Tonight I capped off the evening with the series finale of The Sopranos. From the very beginning I was hooked. A late bloomer, yes, but once I started I could not stop. I found myself flying through the discs as quickly as they arrived in my mailbox. I would rush home to finish the disc and then run to Blockbuster immediately to swap my completed disc for the next. Yes, I got addicted.

So one can only image the anticipation (and maybe a little sadness) as I popped in the final disc to watch the final two episodes. Last night I watched the first of the two and tonight, the last. The entire show was amazing -- I'd watch it all over again and again, if not just to watch James Gandolfini (with whom I admittingly would have sex, come on, he is one enticing man!), but to pick up all the little hints and clues and figure out who was going to be clipped and when.

However, the ending of the entire series.... sucked. I hate it, absolutely hate it when shows, movies, anything ends like The Sopranos ended. I understand the effect this ending had on the show, but I am telling you, it didn't do the show justice. I wanted more. I needed more. Black screen, my ass.

And we'll leave it at that. Watch The Sopranos from start to finish. Love James Gandolfini as much as I. And then tell me what you thought of the finale.



And to my dear sister: come July and you're trying to think of what to get your favorite (and only) sister for her birthday, I surely wouldn't mind adding the complete series to my collection.

No comments: