Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ridiculous...

One of my boss’s father-in-law died last night in a car accident. Her nephew works here also… on our team. We called him this morning to tell him not to come in; we would cover what he has going on and he should go be with his family. When my favorite person came in this morning, we told her he wasn’t coming in to work today and she flipped out. She couldn’t understand why he wouldn’t come to work. He has a lot going on here and we really need him. Forget his aunt’s husband’s father just died… there is work to be done!

PLEASE.

I looked up at her and didn’t hold back – as I probably should have. I asked her if she was really challenging whether he should be at home or at work. Come on – his aunt’s father-in-law just died – he was part of the family too.

Good lord, woman – have a heart.

I am just going to put my headphones on and pretend she’s not even here. I can’t even look at her right now.

Heartless.

No comments: