Friday, July 31, 2009

Thanks.

All I needed was a little support. Something to tell me what I am about to do is ok and that you are excited for me and proud of me and happy I am finally getting to be where, or at least really close, to where I've always wanted to be. But instead I got nothing. In the two and a half hours we spent together tonight, I got maybe five words out of you and you wouldn't even look at me. I knew it was going to be hard to tell you, but I didn't think it would be this hard. I thought you would maybe at least pretend to be happy for me and excited for me or something.. but instead I got the cold shoulder. I don't know what else to say or do to make it better... and frankly, I am kind of tired of trying. The last year has been all about you -- never once I have ever asked for anything in return. It was all about you. Tonight, I needed it to be about me. I needed you there for me... to support me. And I got nothing. For once.. I am thinking about me. I thought you would understand that. It's just not fair...

So thanks for the support when I really needed it most... thanks.

No comments: