Thursday, June 26, 2008

One of the Board

It was almost like that episode of Sex and the City when Charlotte starts going to all the synagogue Sisterhood meetings. She was welcomed with open arms, all the old Jewish ladies trying to set her up with their nice Jewish sons... getting her involved in everything they could.

Though no one has offered me their nice Jewish son (I can still hope, right?!), they were all there to welcome me... so excited I was about to sign my life away to the shul... so thrilled to have someone who has the potential to be half their age... someone who for the last three or four months has dedicated her time to a shul fundrasier, stepping in and undertaking more than expected... someone young and fun and "new" (though I have been a member two full years and a shul-goer for three) was going to have a say in things... or at least bring a new opinion and a fresh look at the synagogue and its future.

Tonight, I was officially nominated and sworn in as a member of the Beth Jacob Board of Trustees. Quite an honor and a privilege... especially for an almost-twenty-five year old.

So while I am no Charlotte and there were no Jewish men being bartered, I am happy to join such a welcoming Board. I just hope I can bring to the team what they hope and expect.

2 comments:

Nick said...

Editor's note: Certain (embarrassing) portions of this article have been omitted due to excessive hazing by the Synagogue Board of Trustees.

HollyGOPolitely said...

Congrats!!