Saturday, October 27, 2007

Bragging rights... etc.

Last night, as Greenberg and I sat around in his room, we started talking about circumcisions. I got to thinking.... Jewish men really do have bragging rights over Jewish women: Jewish men can say people traveled across country, maybe even across the world, just to see someone snip the tip off their penis!

That's amazing! Fascinating even! I mean, really. Jewish women just get held up in front of the congregation, a blessing said, a name given. But Jewish men... they get held, drunk, and snipped in front of family and friends -- friends and family that flock to see it!

---

Atlanta was amazing, in case any of you were hoping for a follow-up. While I was in a new city to which I had never been, I really saw none of it. Was I upset? Not the least. I didn't go to Atlanta to see Atlanta. I went to Atlanta to see Nathan. And Nathan (and his parents) I saw. We had an amazing time just sitting around and catching up. Needless to say, I really miss him around here and it was SO good to see him. Will I go back to Atlanta and see the sites (and Nathan again)? Absolutely. Besides, Nathan does owe me a fresh diet coke. :o)

---

Wednesday night I had dinner with Allen at Redstone. Yes, again I went to Redstone, and again I had the corn bread. This time, along with some amazing smoked gouda fondue and jerk chicken, a glass of syrah, and a berry crisp with oatmeal cookie chunks and vanilla ice cream. Amazing. While at dinner, Allen and I discussed why we would never end up together. Quote of the night came from Allen: "At least we share a mutual love: me!"

---

Final note for the evening: There is $225 in my New York jar... intriguing.

No comments: